Sunday, February 5, 2012

When the Snow is Gone

It's February and this is my first post of 2012, I hope the new year is treating everyone well so far!

In Iceland we have had the toughest winter now for a few years and the walking paths have almost been inaccessible for two months. Last week it finally started to rain and now a week later almost all the snow is gone... Hurray!

There hasn't been much going on in my doggy life lately, except that I became a co-founder of a lobby group for dog rights in Iceland. A few people started this group to lobby for an enclosed dog area in one of the central parks in the city and when more people showed interest it turned into something more. First and foremost we are going to lobby for dog parks in the city and larger towns, then later on perhaps focus on broader rights issues and establishing a more mature dog culture in Iceland.

With the snow gone, I hope to get more active both outside and on this blog. I hope to get us Bella in shape for a biking trip this coming July.

1 comment: